Monday, March 28, 2011

Recurring events

I Just wanted to write that on my bike ride home from work today I ran into another similar situation to the one yesterday, except the miscreant was driving a large Lincoln Navigator and had a backward baseball cap on. And, yes, he was white. He drove his monstrosity right up behind me and launched into a cuss-ridden tirade as to why I should get my butt off of the road and ride along the sidewalk. However,this day, unlike yesterday, I was a bit more reserved and calm, as I knew that I was in the right, however, this fine young specimen of male bravado was more inclined to fight, as he went so far as to stop his Navigator mid-turn and put it into park. I kept riding away with the contentment that his blood pressure was a whole lot higher than my own---not to mention he looked like a fool in that big, ugly piece of garbage.

But, for real, are people so thick-skulled to realize that a biker is treated a vehicle on the road!? I can't simply just get on the sidewalk! Geez, this is almost making me want to write ten letters to the Erie Times containing a laundry list of all cyclist laws just so some of the more 'low-life' people in Erie would know to stop yelling at me in the street, yet that means they'd actually have to read some written text, which I'm sure they aren't too accustomed to doing.

On an end note, less than thirty seconds after my yell-fest with the "bro" in the navigator, I saw from the sidewalk a group of robust black girls verbally accosting somebody near me. For a split second, I thought they were speaking to me, which nearly made me lament to the Lord above as to why I can't just ride in peace. But, I was happy to see that they were yelling at the two college girls riding in the Honda Civic in the next lane over from me. The black girls went on saying this: "Get your f*** cracker a** c*** off of my f***** street, or I'll whip your white a****." Upon hearing this, one of the college girls riding in the car, stuck out her hand and gave the group of aggressors a sign-language-type symbol for "F*** You."

I then contemplated about the fact that no one here is nice to each other, and about the amazing rate at how often I hear the word Fuck: today in about a two minute span I heard it at least 10 times....WILD! Oh! How I love a jaunt on a bike underneath the sun-streaked skies of an Erie spring!

No comments: