Sunday, January 22, 2012

Find a penny pick it up.

So over the weekend I was little bored and for some reason thought it would be fun to see how old of a penny I could find in our house. 1962 was the winner! Wow, a penny that has been in pockets, in cash drawers, and on the ground for 50 years, cool!












Then I thought, hmm, I wonder if we have pennies from every year since 1962. Turns out we don't but we are pretty close.












I was telling our friend Kyle about my little game and asked if he had any pennies laying around. Out came his change cup and away I went. 1960! Awesome, the oldest penny challenge was on it's way. There were only a few pennies left, mostly shiny but there was one that was really beat up. 1910! I couldn't believe it -both Jeremy and Kyle verified it for me - yup, 1910. I think we have our winner, but now I need to find pennies for all the years in between (smile).

2 comments:

deb gibbs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deb gibbs said...

how fun....i have a small handful of old wheat-back pennies, mostly from the 1940's and 1950's. but i have one from 1936 and my oldest is from 1919.cionying