Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Karl's Country Market

Some friends at work had been talking about this place called Karl's Country Market for a long time, and finally I went a check it out. Once I walked in I couldn't help but ask myself,  "what the heck too you so long?!?!"  It was like a walked into central Europe.  Sausage, bread, pretzels, jam, cookies. I felt bad for the friend who went with me as I "ooed" and "awwed" at all the food I had become a custom to when we lived in the Czech Republic.  I must have stood in the same isle with a dumb grin on my face for a solid 3 minutes.  I couldn't help myself - the next morning we were going to have a Czech breakfast!

Oh, and for the record, Karl's is not in Milwaukee.  Technically it is in Menomonee Falls, but it's close enough. It is defiantly going to rank high on my "best of Milwaukee" list.