Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer: it's finally here

Ah yes, summer, it is officially here! It's been a rather cool spring in Milwaukee, however it is only our second spring living here and we were told last year was freakishly warm. So maybe this year was normal? We'll see what next year brings.

Being on tour with The Delphines has given me a taste of summer. Being in the heat of Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and now Kentucky has spend up the feeling of summer. To my surprise, these states have full gardens in bloom, AND are able to fill CASE baskets with bell peppers, summer squash, green beans and cabbage! It won't be until mid July that Wisconsin growers will have this produce.

I've always lived in a northern state, so on this east coast tour it has been fun to see the differences in weather, food, history and culture. Plus it has gotten me, and Jeremy, even more excited about our cross country bike tour! There are so many new things we will see and people we will meet.  Can't wait!

5 days and counting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where are you this week? I would like to say hello.

Unknown said...

I am in Cincy, but willing to hop on 2 or 4 wheels to say hi.