Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Off to a cold start

Thus far 2014 has been COLD, period. Snow, arctic winds, sub-zero days, polar vortex.  But this Wisconsin, right? We all acknowledge by living here that it gets cold in the winter, and we all appreciate that we don't live in North Dakota (cuz it's stupid cold there...).  However, it is surprising to me, someone growing up in the snow belt, how unaccustomed to snow the average Milwaukeean is. We have had snow on the ground since early November, but it's not like we've had a ton...it just hasn't melted. I think the most we have gotten in one snowfall this winter has been 8 inches.  But it seems like every time we are in for 3-5 inches, the weather men make it sound like the entire city is going to shut down, weird. Now don't get me wrong, -25 is a different story. When it's sub-zero I want nothing more than to curl up in my flannel sheets and watch netflix.

No comments: