Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pokec s Černou ovcí (talkshow with the church band)

Tonight was the first Pokec (talkshow) with the church's band, Černá ovcí (One black sheep), of the school year, so ofcourse the band was a little nervous. However it was a great success! There were 17 people who came out to see the band play and special guest Jelena Kleinerová (Madla's grandmother).


The band played well, and the interview with Jelena was very interesting (even though I had to get it explained to me after the fact...). She talked about living in Russia and how she left the city she was living in durning WWII, because it was not safe. When she returned, the entire city had been destroyed. After the war she married a Czech man and moved to the Czech Republic, which is how she got here. It was interesting to learn that the Czech that she speaks is a mixture of Czech and Russian, even though she has been here a long time. It makes me feel better about my Czech, since I know it is a mixture of English and Czech.
Anyway, the band sounded great and I think everyone who came enjoyed themselves!

No comments: