Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dave is here!


On Friday, October 2nd Jeremy went to Prague to pick up our friend Dave while I stayed to watch the Dus children. I think we both had an enjoyable night: Jeremy read on a train, picked up Dave and spent the night at Sir Toby's (our favorite hostel in Europe -Thank you Kati for showing it to us) and I watched a movie and played Legos with the kids.


Dave arrived in Policka on Saturday and the real fun began! In the
evening the three of us went out for dinner at our favorite resturant and pub in Policka, called Šenk. We met our friend Jitulka, had a tasty dinner, Jeremy and Dave had a Gambrinus, and then we all moved to the Kafe Bar. where we met up with Jitulka's friend Kája and had an great night. Dave enjoyed Policka pivo and learned a phrase in czech, "Vařím bublinku na moje televize s mym kamaradm Jeremy" meaning, I cook bubbles on my television with my friend Jeremy.

On Sunday, Dave came to church with us and helped out in the service. Jan was speaking about what happens when there are walls in your life and Jeremy and Dave played catch with a football and did not let me play to demonstrate that walls in relationships are bad. After church we played floor hockey with some kids from the church enjoyed a meal in the church.


Sunday afternoon we showed Dave around Policka and then headed to Prague, where we would spent the night, and show him around the next day. It was nice having Dave stay with us, even if it were only for a few days. Policka is wonderful, but it was nice to have a friend from home come and visit. We stayed up late each night talking about Policka and Oxford (Dave is studying there for a semester), reminissing about Waynesburg, talking about football, hockey, music, books, and what ever else came to mind. Needless to say it was great having Dave here and we were sad to see him leave.

1 comment:

David Burch said...

I am extremely jealous of the three of you. I miss you all so much and I wish that I could have been there.