Thursday, May 20, 2010

Art exhibition

It's May 20th, and a half year ago I thought our life in Policka would be a little less full of activities by now since we would be preparing to return to the states, however this is not the case. Ofcourse isn't a bad thing, because we have friends who want to spend time with us, and activites in the church, however seems like our days are going by even faster than before.

There is one upcoming event that I am both looking forward to and anxious about: an art exhibition in the local theater, Tyluv Dum, which will display my paintings. I have mixed feeling about this because I really don't know what to expect. Will people like my painting? Will I have enought to fill the huge room? Wow, it's cool that my first exhibition will be international! Are my paintings good enough to be up on display? These are just some of the thoughts that cross my mind as I prepare.

The craziest thing is I nevered expected that I would have an exhibition of my work...ever. So it was quite the surprise when Jeremy came home one night after going out with some of the men in the church and told me that Petr, Jiri, Jan and him descided that I was going to have an exhibition in Tyluv dum in June. What exactully do I do at that point? I can't tell them I don't want to, because seceretly I'm excited about the idea. That was in January.

I have two and a half weeks before I will set up the exhibition, and the closer I get the more nervous I am about the quality and quantity of my work...but at the same time I know that the people who are going to come are my friends, and it will be nice to share my paintings with them. Heck, if there is a large space in the room that I can't fill with painting we'll just put a table infront of it and serve wine, no worries.

3 comments:

deb gibbs said...

honey, i'm so excited for you!!
i wish i could be there. i'm sure your friends and the town's people will like your work. :) love, mom

Grandma D said...

Jamie, I love your paintings and your use of color. It shows your beautiful innerbeing. Have fun with it. Love, Grandma D

Pat said...

I know you will be a hit! And enjoy the whole process, don't worry, just enjoy! I wish I could be there to show how proud I am to be your mother-in-law!
Love, Pat