Friday, August 27, 2010

Sorry I didn't write sooner

So I haven’t posted since the English Camp…I’m sorry. There are a many changes happening in our lives and I haven’t forgot about all the people who check our blog to see what’s going on in our lives, I just haven’t sat down and written anything.

It a little weird to think that we have only been back in Pennsylvania for thirty-eight days (somehow it seems longer….). Upon returning we were bombarded with paperwork and trainings for a new Americorps VISTA positions, therefore everything else has been squeezed in around our job preparation. However we have done A LOT of stuff. We got to spend a week with Jeremy’s parents in their new home in Tennessee, which was great. We got to see our good friend from camp get married (Bunny looked SO cute!). We went camping with a bunch of our Beaver County friends. We bought our first bed and we have an apartment what we will be moving into on the 6th. For the time being we have been living with my parents, who have been patient with our stuff sitting in the living room and the different habits we have formed (such as only using one glass during the day and leaving it sit next to the sink rather than putting it in the dishwasher and getting a new one every time.), however there are some habits that have been harder, such as making sure the toilet lid is put down after we go to the bathroom. As much as I appreciate all that my parents have done for use since we have moved in with them - feeding us, letting us wash our cloths, giving us a place to store all our stuff – I am really looking forward to moving into our apartment and having our own space and also being much closer to where we both work.

One thing that has been really challenging is balancing the amount of Czech language in our lives. Jeremy is of course tries to speak as much as he can, write in his Czech journal, listen to Czech radio programs online and read a Czech newspaper online, where I am much lazier and only want to speak for an hour a day. I think this also has to do with our level of the language, as Jeremy is at a MUCH higher level than I am (do to my frustrations and laziness with the language while living in Policka), so he can do more with it. But I’m happy that he continues to write to our friends and set up Skype dates, because I get to communicate with them as well.

This weekend we’ll be going down to Waynesburg, PA to see some friends and give a presentation about our last year in Policka at the church we attended in college. I have looked forward to seeing our Waynesburg friends since returning to Pennsylvania and I’m glad that we finally have a chance to see them.

Oh, and I finally got some more paint I can start painting again :)

No comments: