Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dear Milwaukee, Why Do You Smell Like Wet Dog?

Dear Milwaukee,

My husband and I have enjoyed getting to know you and we like you very much; however we have one question: why do you smell like wet dog? It is a rather odd aroma seeing that we don't live so close of the lake that we would be able to smell the dogs that jump into it, plus I would be expecting to smell fish if that were the case. To my knowledge none of the apartments in our area allow pets, and every pup I have seen since coming to the city has been dry as a bone. So where is this smell coming from?!? Here is my theory, please correct me if I an wrong.

There is a large, wet, uncatchable pooch wandering about. His name is Roger and he likes to fetch things out of the water and return them to their rightful owner. Everyday Roger trots down to the waterfront and searches for something to pull out: a pop can, cigarette butt, flip-flop, etc. Then once he has the item, he runs all over the city until he finds the owner of the discarded item. This of course would explain two things. First, and wet dog smell. And secondly, the clean waterfront.

Milwaukee, I'm not sure if I would like you to catch Roger since he is doing a great service to Lake Michigan; however, if you do see him, please give him a bath.

Thank you and please correct me if I am wrong about the smell.

Sincerely, Jamie

3 comments:

Grandma D said...

Don't know what to think, you'll have to ask the Milwaukee natives.
Enjoy your blogs. Love, Grandma D

deb gibbs said...

LOL...great post jamie!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. why do i smell like wet dog