Friday, April 27, 2012

Made In China

Most things we assume are made in China, but every so often there are items that surprise us. Like TOMS. TOMS prides it's self on being a company that makes a quality product AND for every pair of shoes you buy another goes to a child in a developing nation - cool huh? So like many others I was both surprised and disappointed (and maybe a tad embarrassed) that TOMS were made in China. However they do claim that their employees make a fair wage (http://www.toms.com/manufacturing-practices). And then I look at my beloved shoes - green Merrell hiking shoes - which are also made in China...I spent about $80 on them because Merrell makes an amazing shoe and like magic my back never hurts when I'm wearing them. Would I be willing to spend an extra $20 on them if they were made in the United States? Absolutely.

No comments: