Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 61

Erie,PA (0 miles - rest day - 57 miles by car)

Today was the first day on our trip where I did not wake up in the middle of the night hungry! I'm not gonna lie, it was a great feeling. During our rest days our goal has been to catch up on calories, and I think I have achived this goal. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I can't speak for Jeremy or Sara.

Around lunch time we drove down to Presque Isle State Park. There is a 50's style ice cream and sandwich place called Sara's just as you enter the park. They have killer peanutbutter milkshakes, so we has to stop. It wasn't the best day to go to the beach, but Presque Isle was still full of people, and we still walked long the shore skipping rocks, looked for beach glass and cool drift wood, and dripped our feet in Lake Erie.

No comments: