Monday, July 7, 2014

Jackie gets a bath

Bath time was bound to happen, so with it being 94 degrees in our apartment I figured why not. Both of us would dry in no time and maybe it would cool her down.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jackie is the best. Bath time went way better than expected. She let me put her in the bathtub with the only protest being more of a whimper than a meow. I poured water all over. Again some meowing and a little squirming, but no claws, no climbing up me or out of the tub. I think the worst part was the soap and mostly because she wasn't just wet but now all bubbly. A good rinse and out of the tub and wrapped into a towel. She did scute away more quickly than usual, and with a funny little hop.
I have never bathed a cat before and I had only heard horror stories about claws, water everywhere, and angry kittys. There was none of that. As Jackie licked herself dry,  I assisted in detangling her fur by giving her a good brush down. She loved it, plus all her fur stuck to the brush rather than going airborne.
The best part is as I type this Jackie is laying on my like nothing ever happened. I gave my cat a bath and she still loves me. Success.

1 comment:

deb gibbs said...

what a good kitty!