Friday, July 16, 2010

5th and final day of English Camp

WOW, what a week! I can't believe the last day of camp has come and gone! I'm positive that everyone involved had a BLAST and it's going to be hard to go back home and to our every day lives outside of English Camp. Jeremy and I would like to personally thank everyone who worked so hard to make this camp a success. Thanks to all the volunteers (Americans and Czechs) and all the families that hosted Americans or had them over for dinner. We know that each camp takes a lot of time and planning, but it would not have been able to happen with out all your help. Thank you.

This post is going to be a little different than the others. We still have pictures, so "czech" those out, but also make sure you keep scrolling down and read the thoughts about English Camp from a few of our Czech volunteers.

2010 English Camp: Friday

Thoughts from some of the Czech volunteers

Pastor Jan: The most exciting thing about the camp is how lively this place is. The campers, the Americans and the volunteers are just full of so much energy. After camp I like to walk around the church and feel all the loose floor boards that weren't there before. I really like the openess of our doors - people coming and going, being relaxed and being themselves.

Jitka: I'm a leader of the teenage girls and they are really hard to impress, but they really like it here. They are having fun and it is because of you.

Petra: For me camp is mainly about relationships. I'm happy my friends from America came so I can see them. And I'm happy I got to make more friends. Your company really means a lot. You always bring so much energy and it really inspires me.

Hanka: This is my first year and I didn't think it would be this great. I can see you like this work and you like to work with children and the children really like you and so do I. This camp is a really specail thing.

Dan: I'm not from here (Policka) so English Camp for me means doing something good and making friends and seeing old friends - both Czechs and Americans

No comments: