Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend at Stonybrook

It's March, which means the time has come for the annual St. Patrick's Day weekend at THE CABIN (which may or may not actually fall on St. Patrick's Day). To say that I'm excited would be an understatement considering that we have not been to the cabin since fall 2010. That's WAY too long.

Unfortunately, on Wednesday, Jeremy realized he wouldn't be able to go do to his new (super awesome) job. Bummer. We had been looking forward to this for the last month! We decided I would go anyway and he would be sure to come the next time.

From Milwaukee the cabin (near Athens, OH) is a good nine hours. I do a lot of driving going between my two part-time jobs, but it's been awhile since I'd driven nine hours by myself. It ended up fine. I stopped mid way in Indianapolis, which looked like a neat place and might be another road trip destination sometime.

Things got a bit nerve wracking once I got into the Hocking Hills. My phone died and then I got lost. I had paper directions and a map, but I would have felt better if I could have called the cabin and have someone straighten me out. Thank god for day light savings. It not being dark at 6:30pm was the only thing that kept me calm enough to be able to navigate my self in the right direction. Of course the entire car ride became worth it once I stepped into the cabin as was greeted with a group hug. It's crazy to think that we only worked at Wilson for a season, but it was long enough to become part of the family.

A cabin weekend means fun, hanging with friends, relaxing, enjoying nature, eating and drinking, playing games, dogs, singing, laughing, bond fires, caves, the beer deer, staying up late, and even more laughter. This weekend was just that, and it was wonderful to spend time with friends in such a magical place.

No comments: