Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 12

Libby,MT - Rexford,MT (64 miles)
I'm going to admit it was really hard to get up this morning. It was so comfortable in our tent, all warm in our sleeping bags in the crisp air. But we managed to still get on the road by 9am.
Today's ride took us past the Libby dam and along the lake behind it, so the views were spectacular. The water coming out of the mountains is such an amazing shade of blue-green and crystal clear. None of the pictures we have taken will be able to do it justice. And again we plodded along at a leisurely pace, taking in the beauty around us and enjoying one another's company.
This evening we are staying with and older man named Richard, who is just wonderful. His playful manor reminds me of my Grandpa D and his cooking reminds me of my Grandpa G. I still can't believe how generous and kind people have been to open up their homes to us! And to let us into their lives. With each conversation I feel like we are learning not only about the person we are talking to, but also about the continent we are riding across.
Tomorrow we are off to Whitefish for two days, and then to Glacier National Park on Tuesday. We'll do our best to post, but service is limited, so we are having to rely on WiFi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a break! You deserve it!

deb gibbs said...

beautiful pictures...we can't wait to see them each day.